Saturday, November 1, 2014

Best part of ADD? Hyper focus & hyper organization and I do love projects!!

Since being diagnosed 2 months ago with ADD and borderline OCD, so much of why I do things the way I do them makes so much sense. Would I change who I am? Definitely not. I just understand myself that much better.
 
So, since starting my new job, I needed to get things organized. So I devised a master plan ... a schedule of all the tasks I wanted to complete during the week so I could relax on the weekends. In order for this plan to be effective.. there were a few projects that I needed to get out of the way first and, as usual, a chain reaction of hyper organization and creativity followed - or as my husband refers to them as - Make work projects. lol
 
So in my own special way, the cookies/pantry/freezer/apples/applesauce/recipe book projects began in earnest....
 
My kids and hubby love home baked goods and I used to enjoy baking a lot more than I do know. So I wanted to make it easier to bake more often. So I gathered together all the dry ingredients and prepared chocolate chip & spicy dads cookie mix bags - which was highly effective - for the first 2 weeks.
 
 

 
My pantry is pretty awesome and huge. It holds a tonne of stuff and often looks more like the chaotic photo. I needed to make room for the lovely bin full of premeasured cookie mix. I am proud to say that since I last reorganized the pantry it has pretty much stayed this way. 

 
For most people, discovering someone is giving away free apples is a simple experience. I got 2 boxes of free apples. It turned into an applesauce making extravaganza! Which I soon tired of and instead, cut, bagged and froze the remainder to finish another time. We had our meat order coming, {we get a 1/4 cow every 6 moths} so the freezer needed to be reorganized to accommodate the meat,, and the bagged apples and applesauce.



      
 

Next brilliant idea was to reduce the amount of cookbooks I have. I used only a dozen or so recipes out of them so why not make a nice recipe book for myself. So I dug out my scrapbooking papers, a cutter, pens and recipe cards and proceeded to make the prettiest recipe book ever.
 
 
 
 
 
So, this is definitely not the end of the project saga, just one of the many chapters... Stay tuned..

No comments:

Post a Comment