Thursday, September 18, 2014

All I Went to the $ Store for was Flash Cards for my Daughter....

Daughter #3 is in her first year of university and needed some flash cards to help her with studying. As any good mom, I figured that I could run down to the $ Store for those. It's nice and close and will only take a few minutes.

To fully comprehend the rest of my tale,, you need to know a little about the previous run away thoughts in my head. LOL. I had spent several days on Pinterest looking at dinner party ideas. I had decided my dishes don't match and I am tired of my black chargers,, I needed a change.

On my way out the door, I grab one charger and one plate from the hutch; just in case I find a match while at the $ Store. Perusing through the isles, I was happy to see that there were white plates that matched, but alas, no chargers - oh, and no flash cards either. Guess I am going to have to go to another $ Store in town.

By now I am off on the 'Dinner Party Plates and Chargers' tangent and repeating over and over in my head - Do not forget to get flashcards!!!

Luckily for me, or rather my daughter, the next $ Store had flashcards, but no chargers. Well, there is no way I can go home now with more plates than chargers. That is just not done!! So maybe,, just maybe,, the next $ Store in town will have chargers - but the chances of them matching mine exactly will be pretty slim.. hmmm,, why don't I spray paint them all silver! Problem solved!  I can have a silver and white theme! Perfect! Off to Home Hardware to buy some shiny silver spray paint. I was in luck, they had chargers at the next store, they were gold (ugh), but no worries, all is good,,, I HAVE SPRAY PAINT!! LOL

One more quick stop before I go home, the Salvation Army, maybe they will have some nice white dishes. They did. Home I go to spray paint my chargers and put my new plates (30 in total) and dishes into the hutch. You guessed it. In true ADD style, it required some reorganization. It really was relatively painless - I just pulled the vases out of the hutch to make some room - so they went into a kitchen cabinet that was in need of organizing anyways. LOL

Oh, my daughter was very happy to receive her flash cards, but my fabric napkins are old and not white or silver..........

No comments:

Post a Comment